- 1 A dish that provides energy from moon until midafternoon
- 1.1 Spinach with chickpeas, complex carbohydratres to keep you satisfied
- 1.2 Other properties and benefits of chickpeas with spinach
- 1.3 Whom is this recipe recommended for?
- 1.4 CHICKPEAS WITH SPINACH RECIPE
- 1.5 Ingredients of chickpeas with spinach
- 1.6 Preparation of chickpeas with spinach
- 1.7 How to eat this recipe
A dish that provides energy from moon until midafternoon
Spinach with chickpeas, complex carbohydratres to keep you satisfied
However, carbohydrates are assimilated gradually due to the high fiber content of the plate, so it causes its slow absorption.
This means that if we eat this dish at noon, it will give us good energy until mid afternoon.
Other properties and benefits of chickpeas with spinach
Spinach and chickpeas provide a lot of fiber. Fiber is a unique component of the plant world, and our body needs it to maintain intestinal health, which is the center of the body’s immunity.
Whom is this recipe recommended for?
Ideal in the diet of children, students, youth, and, overall, for those people following a vegetarian balanced diet.
Also, for people with diabetes and obesity, but in these cases, it is recommended to increase the amount of spinach and vegetables and reduce the content of the dish of chickpeas.
CHICKPEAS WITH SPINACH RECIPE
Ingredients of chickpeas with spinach
Preparation of chickpeas with spinach
- Wash the spinach thoroughly in water to remove soil.
- Cut the tails of the spinach and set aside.
- Cut the onion and cut into half moons, very thin thickness.
- Chop the garlic and add them to the ingredients.
- Saute onions and garlic over medium heat with oil and a pinch of salt for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil and blanch the spinach for 10 minutes. Drain the spinach and discard the water. The spinach soup is rich in oxalates, so you should not take it.
- Add the spinach and chickpeas cooked with fried onion and garlic.
- Mix all ingredients, sprinkle with pepper and cook for 10 minutes over low heat, with the pot lid on
How to eat this recipe
Serve as a main dish.
More information about Mediterranean diet.
22 September, 2021