CLEANSING CREAM WITH ARUGULA AND ZUCCHINI
Ingredients of a depurative cream for 2 people
- 1 large zucchini, ecological and washed
- 100g of fresh washed arugula,
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium potato
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to prepare a depurative cream
- Cut the onion and saute it with the oil over low heat with a pinch of salt.
- Wash and cut the zucchini into small pieces.
- Wash, peel and cut the potato into pieces small enough to be crushed once the cream is done.
- Wash the arugula.
- When the onion is browned, add the zucchini, potatoes and arugula. Add a pinch of salt and stir constantly until all the vegetables are salted
- Add water to cover all the ingredients and cook them over mediumlow heat for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. The less water, the more creamy and concentrated in fiber and minerals the cleansing cream will be.
- Once cooked, crush all until creamy, add salt and serve.
- Garnish with rocket leaves, if desired.
Properties of a depurative cream
In the photo: zucchini cream, with potatoes, arugula and onions.
It is a cleansing and relaxing cream for people with cholesterol. It can be served after Christmas, celebrations, dietary excesses, etc..), In slimming diets or for dinner. It is very easy to digest and allow the body to rest at night.
Nutritional benefits of a cleansing cream
Potato provides carbohydrates, which are an energy substrate for the body, and high amounts of potassium. Potassium is a mineral very cleanser that will help to eliminate fluid retention. The salt that we add to the cream is not bad, but it will help balance the potassium in the body.
Rocket is a green leafy vegetable such as dandelion, which is characterized by containing many minerals and trace elements essential to the body (like all brassicas), plus vitamins (especially vitamin A and folic acid), and zeaxanthin and phytochemicals such as quercetin, potent natural antioxidants in cells.
Zucchini contains very little calories. they are diuretic for their contribution in potassium and high in fiber, especially if you eat with the skin. (To avoid pesticide residues, we recommend using organic vegetables and always wash vegetables before cooking)
Onion is the cleansing vegetable par excellence. It also provides natural sweetness to vegetable creams.
Often we forget the healthy fats in cleansing diets. The olive oil, used in moderation, is excellent for the essential fatty acids. It keeps the skin and internal organs lubricated and in good health.
In short, a very nutritious dish that combines with a balanced diet very well.
More recipes and information about rocket.
13 January, 2022