- 600g of wheat flour / glutenfree: use 700g rice flour, corn, or teff.
- 400g quinoa flour
- 1 ½ cups (12 ounces) of milk
- 20g of baking powder
- 300g of butter
- 4 eggs
- 250g brown sugar
- ¾ cup hot water
- Melt the butter in a double boiler (bainmarie)
- Mix wheat flour and quinoa, and add yeast.
- Dissolve in a cup of boiled water the butter, 4 eggs and sugar. Cool.
- Add the flour mixture to butter, 4 eggs and sugar with water.
- Mix and knead until dough is smooth and manageable.
- Train rolls and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a floured board until a thin dough ½ inch thick is obtained.
- Cut it in the form of cookies. We can take a glass jar as mold.
- Place on a baking tray with greased baking paper underneath.
- Brush the biscuits with 2 egg yolks, cinnamon and / or sugar (optional).
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Cookies are energy dense foods because of their fat content (butter), sugar and flour. Also, they are a healthy snack alternative to industrial products to do with your family.
Also this can be a recipe suitable for coeliacs ONLY in the case of substituting wheat flour for flour suitable for coeliacs.
More information on quinoa
11 July, 2022