How to make knackebrot at home
What is Knäckebrot bread?
Knäckebrot is a typical German bread. It is crisp (= “Knack”, in German), and is made with butter and seeds. This bread is not fluffy, but a “cracker” ideal to spread cheese on or to use as a snack.
Ingredients of Knäckebrot
- 1 and ⅓ cups rye flour
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspo on salt
- 70g butter, melted
- ⅓ cup milk, a little more could be added if necessary.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
Instructions to make Knäckebrot
- Mix the flour with sugar, salt and butter.
- Add the milk slowly while kneading until a firm dough is formed.
- Dump the dough on a previously floured surface and knead it until becoming fine.
- Cut strips or cakes (as we want to be) of the mass.
- Place in a baking tray with baking paper greased with butter or oil.
- Bake them for 40 minutes at 180 ° C.
More information on rye.
11 August, 2021