How to make parsnip chips
What are parsnip chips?
Parsnip chips is a delicious and very easy way to prepare a chips recipe. It is served as a starter.
Parsnip chips easy recipe
This recipe is prepared in a very simple way: the finely cut parsnips are fried (so that they are well toasted and crisp) in a good quality oil.
Then, they are removed from the fire, seasoned and served as a starter.
Although it is a very calorie dense dish, it is a delicious alternative to potatoes, being parsnips much more aromatic.
Ingredients of parsnip chips
- Parsnips without skin
- Oil for frying *
- Black pepper
- Herb salt
* For frying it is recommended to use a good frying oil, such as olive oil or high oleic sunflower oil .
Preparation for parsnip chips
- Wash and peel the parsnips
- Cut them into thin slices. A very sharp vegetable peeler or grater helps a lot, making finer cuts faster. If it is not peeled fine, it is difficult for them to be crispy later.
- Prepare oil in a frying pan for frying. Heat the oil, without ever smoking
- Fry the parsnips for about 9 minutes. When they start to have a tan color, they are already very done (they darken a little more when removed)
- Put them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Season to taste. They look great with pepper.
- Serve hot
What properties do parsnip chips have?
Parsnip chips are very aromatic. . In the past, before the introduction of the potato, parsnips were used in food as a staple food.
Parsnip is a food with a nutritional composition similar to carrots, but it contains twice as much fiber and essential oils that give it other properties.
Are they healthier or better than potato chips?
They are lower in calories than potato chips and have a much more aromatic, surprising and rich flavor.
More information on parsnip
27 March, 2020