How to prepare a quinoa soup
– 1 cup quinoa
– 3 cups water or vegetable broth
– 2 onions, chopped
– 2 potatoes cut into cubes
– 2 carrots, diced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– A small bunch of celery
– Salt and pepper
– Rinse and drain the quinoa. Repeat 3 times to remove any impurities and traces of saponins. Drain.
– Toast the quinoa in a skillet over medium – low heat for 5 minutes.
– In another pot, add the olive oil, add a pinch of salt, and saute the onion. Add all vegetables (potatoes, carrots and garlic). Remove and pour 2 and ½ parts water.
– Cook all the vegetables for 15-20 minutes over medium heat with lid. Remove the celery.
– Add the quinoa and cook for 15 minutes.
– Serve as a soup, bowl decorated with napkins or hot colors.
More recipes and information on quinoa.
22 April, 2019