BEARNAISE SAUCE RECIPE
– 200ml. mayonnaise
– 2-3 tablespoons pickled capers, chopped
– 3 tablespoons pickled gherkins, chopped
– 1 onion, shallot, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs: chives and tarragon. It could vary with coriander, parsley, samphire, etc.
– Prepare the mayonnaise. Commercial mayonnaises can also be used.
– Clean and finely chop all ingredients. The cutting size and texture will provide the final mixture lumps.
– Add the herbs to mayonnaise and mix well.
– Store in a refrigerator.
– Serve decorated with chopped leaves of tarragon or dill pickle slices.
– Best before three days.
– Important: keep refrigerated. Egg sauces (like mayonnaise) that are not preserved in cold, may be affected by salmonella and cause food poisoning.
|PROPERTIES OF TARTAR SAUCE|
More recipes and information on tarragon properties and medicinal uses
1 June, 2021