How to make a wild herbs salad with onions
Why to add wild herbs to salads ?
Wild herbs provide all the medicinal properties of these herbs, besides adding color, new tastes and new flavors . Adding forest herbs to salads, for example, is a way to consume vitamin C, folate and beta-carotene, and all the properties of herbs:
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant vitamin that improves the appearance of the skin and joints because it assists in the formation of collagen. It also prevents diseases by increasing the body’s defenses and has cleansing properties.
- The leafy herbs like campion, purslane and dandelion have diuretic and laxative properties due to its high content of potassium and fiber. They help eliminate toxins and cleanse the body. This makes them highly recommended for certain diets, such as gout, arthritis and rheumatism.
- Some plants such as dandelion are very bitter principles to restore proper liver function.
- The use of fresh herbs, rich in essential oils, like yarrow, are often used in herbal medicine for its soothing effects when anxiety or insomnia.
Caution should be taken into account when wild plants are harvested so that they are not contaminated by pesticides, farm animals, etc.
WILD HERBS SALAD WITH ONIONS RECIPE
Suggested way of serving a wild herbs salad
How to make it
- Clean the salad leaves and drain. Cut leaves in big pieces.
- Cut the tomato wedges and onion crescentshaped
- Arrange the ingredients in a bowl.
- Chop leaves and add yarrow leaves.
- Season with olive oil or vinaigrette
- Serve as a starter or accompaniment.
More recipes and information on onions.