DIET FOR ANXIETY
Nutrition for anxiety
A natural diet, rich in natural foods, especially with antioxidant properties or with those food that contain vitamin B and magnesium can help overcome anxiety.
Vitamin B for anxiety
- Vitamin B is considered the main vitamin for maintaining the nervous system in good condition. Within the group of vitamin B, some specific vitamins have a very special function, for example:
- Vitamin B1 or thiamine: It is necessary to nourish the nervous system with glucose properly. Its deficiency causes the degradation of nerve fibers and causes unpleasant symptoms such as lack of coordination, tingling sensations in the legs, hands or feet.
- Riboflavin or vitamin B2: It helps keep nerves healthy. Vitamin supplements may be helpful in overcoming some conditions in which nerves are affected, such as stress, anxiety, insomnia, etc.
- Niacin or Vitamin B3: Small Deficiencies of niacin can manifest as nervous system disorders such as nervousness, anxiety, depression, insomnia, irritability and, in severe cases, in the form of dementia
- Pyridoxine or vitamin B 6: It is used as supplements to treat diseases of nervous character, such as depression.
- Folic acid or vitamin B 9, Deficiencies of acid folic can produce different nervous diseases which can vary from anxiety to moodiness or depression.
Food for anxiety
Eating foods rich in magnesium and vitamin B will help us to improve symptoms of anxiety or prevent its onset. Foods that contain these principles are:
- Vitamins of group B can be obtained from whole grains (wheat, oats, barley, etc.) legumes (soy, peas, broad beans, lentils or dried beans, etc.), nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts) vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, radishes, endives, radishes, lettuces…) yeast, and so on.
- Magnesium: Many plant foods contain magnesium: Potatoes, bananas, spinach, lettuce, borage, asparagus, watercress, cucumbers, wheat, pumpkins, peas, radishes, plums, almonds, melons, celery, endives, grapes, beans, rice, apricots, raspberries, avocados, lentils, onions, pears, pineapples, oranges, papayas or peaches.
Supplements for the treatment of anxiety
The following supplements have been proved to be useful in treating anxiety:
- Wheat germ oil: I is quite effective in treating this disease. (Sold in pharmacies or herbalists. Eat according to the patient information leaflet)
- Brewer’s yeast: Because of its vitamin B content, this supplement is highly suitable for treating anxiety. (Take a couple of spoonfuls with milk or yogurt)
More information about anxiety and its natural treatment.
31 October, 2020