Side effects of celery
CONSEQUENCES OF EATING CELERY
- Sleepiness: the essential oil of celery contains sedative principles. Moderate consumption may cause drowsiness to people who eat them.
- Increased diuresis: celery is a diuretic remedy and may increase urination. Its diuretic principles are: apiol, apigenin, mirysticin and flavonoids. Strong diuresis may produce hypotension or mineral loss. (potassium, magnesium and calcium)
- Dermatitis: celery is rich in essential oils that may cause skin irritation.
- Photosensitivity: sun exposure can cause skin damage if we previously handled or ate celery.
- Bleeding: Celery contains natural anticoagulants (furanocoumarins) that can enhance the effect of other anticoagulant medicins or plants. Do not combine it with anticoagulant plants or medicines.
- Allergies: People with allergies to some plant may have allergic reactions to celery.
More information about celery in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.