Gnocchi pesto recipe
GNOCCHI WITH PESTO
- Homemade gnocchi or from the supermarket (fresh pasta section).
* Related Recipe: Making gnocchi.
Photo of gnocchi au pesto
- 60g. Parmesan cheese
- Place in a blender container all pesto ingredients.
- Blend until a thin paste.
- The cheese can be added to the end or the pesto dish.
- Boil the gnocchi for 2 minutes.
- Remove from water with a slotted spoon and serve on a plate.
- Place the pesto and cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
This is a very energetic and nutritious recipe. It primarily provides carbohydrates, from gnocchi and healthy fats from the extra virgin olive oil and pine nuts.
This is an excellent contribution plate with a long absorption of carbohydrates, which give us sustained energy and satiety, preventing us to crave for food. This energy also provides an energy reserve food for athletes before competition (take at least 4 hours prior to exercise chewing it very well), especially athletes performing marathons or resistance exercises.
Pine nuts are the dried fruit with most protein and high in essential fatty acids. Very suitable for people who need energy, people who want to gain weight or people with anemia, as they are an ideal supplement of iron, vitamins and minerals.
It is an ideal dish for the diet of children, students, youth, athletes, adults and people with stress. It should moderate in case of obesity.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.