Is hibiscus a toxic plant?
No, hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) is not a toxic plant. It is safe for the majority of the population when taken in recommended doses
The plant has abortifacient properties and should not be taken during pregnancy or if you plan to have children.
What are the main hibiscus components?
Photo of hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis)
Flavonoids: quercetin, betacarotene
Principles of hibiscus and toxic hazards
Many preparations contain alcohol, so small children or people who are undergoing detoxification should avoid using it.
There are more than 200 species of hibiscus, you need to know for sure that the chosen one is adequate and non-toxic.
More information on hibiscus.
19 March, 2019