Herbal remedies for chafing
How to cure chafing with medicinal plants?
Herbal medicine in the treatment of abrasions is primarily used when there are minor abrasions, and especially if chafing has produced blisters that, when opened, can lead to infection.
In this case, we will use a variety of medicinal plants with the following objectives:
- Disinfectant plants with anti microbial properties that protect the body against infection.
- Healing plants, to accelerate the recovery of tissues.
PHYTOTHERAPY: HERBAL REMEDIES TO TREAT CHAFFING
External use preparations for chaffing
Comfrey: (Sympytum officinale) (Crush tender root and apply it with gauze over the affected area)
- Aloe (Aloe vera) (You can use the gel from fresh leaves which is obtained by cutting a sheet with a sharp knife. Squeeze it until you can get enough liquid to be applied on the skin.) (Apply aloe gel preparation to the affected area, available in pharmacies and health food stores,)
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) (Wash chafing with hypericum oil) – See complete study of the plant to take into account possible side effects.
- Chamomile: (Matricaria chamomilla) (Apply the liquid from the infusion of one teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water)
- Sage: (Salvia officinalis) (Apply the liquid from the maceration of 20 g of leaves in ¾ liter of water or fresh plant)
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) it is one of the best antiseptics, both for internal and external use. Wash the chafing area with a fully charged infusion of flowering tops three or four times a day)
- Echinacea (Echinacea ssp) (apply with a gauze plant juice or tincture of echinacea. You can buy it in pharmacies or herbalists’)
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis) (Wash the affected area with liquid from the infusion for 10 minutes of a teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water)
Chafing plants: Internal use
Some natural remedies can be used internally to boost immune system preventing possible infections caused by the entrance of microorganisms through any type of wounds. (More information about natural antibiotics and how to increase your immune system)
More information about chafing and other wounds and its natural treatment.
12 May, 2021