How to prepare an oily skin tonic
TONIC FOR OILY SKIN
What is a tonic for oily skin?
Tonics can be used for all skin types and are made with distilled water and plant essences.
Tonic for oily skin possess astringent properties, able to reduce fat, tighten pores and tone the skin, helping to maintain the skin elasticity.
Unlike other treatments such as cleansing creams, nourishing creams and masks, tonics are applied with gentle tapping on the skin.
A very good tonic for oily skin
Daisy tonic for oily skin
|Ingredients:– 4 tablespoons of daisy flowers.|
– 10 tablespoons of water.
– 2 tablespoons of ethyl alcohol of 90 degrees.
– Insert the daisy petals in a glass container.
– Boil water and, when boiling, pour the petals. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
– Strain the liquid and add 2 tablespoons of 90 % ethyl alcohol.
– Save this tonic in a bowl to cool.
How to use:
Apply to the face with little taps.
Tonics that can be obtained from pharmacies or specialty stores
If you do not want to personally prepare a tonic at home, you can use one of the many products on the market. Among the wide range of products used for the treatment of oily skin, we can highlight the following,
It is ideal for oily and combination skin and it is also used as aftershave lotion for its mucilage content that provide softness to the skin. Normally, it is combined with cucumber extracts . Cucumber is very refreshing and also has astringent properties. It is used in many preparations as masks for the treatment of acne or oily skin.
– Rose water tonic: Rose water also has astringent properties making it suitable for making tonics to remedy fatty, normal or combination skin. Rose water tonic provides freshness to the skin and protects it from possible infections that could lead to scars , pimples, acne or other symptoms. Rose water can be made at home. That ones which is produced industrially is obtained by steam distillation of the flowers of the rose.
– Multivitamins tonics: They contain the main antioxidant vitamins that are suitable for regeneration and skin care: vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. They contain, in addition to these vitamins, herbal essences astringent as sage, thyme, willow, etc.
More information on medicinal plants
25 May, 2021