RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE
- 150 grams of rhubarb washed and chopped
- 75 grams of butter or margarine
- 150 grams of brown sugar (1 and ¼ cup)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
Did you know that...
Rhubarb is a leafy vegetable whose edible part is the petiole of it. Leaf blade is not edible.
Therefore, in most markets we find all the leaves cut.
* More information on rhubarb toxicity in the listing above.
Preparation of a rhubarb cake:
- Blanch the rhubarb with boiling water for 5 minutes and drain (discard the water).
- Mix the rhubarb with butter, sugar and salt. Stir until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Add beaten egg and vanilla, which can be powdered or raw, its scrape.
- Fill individual molds with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 ° C.
At the nutritional level, this recipe is quite caloric and rich in sugars and fat (derived from butter or margarine). However, it is a good way to introduce rhubarb into sweet dishes.
If you choose margarine to prepare the recipe, it is preferable to look for one that does not contain trans fats. We will distinguish it by the nutritional value (where it indicates the amount of trans fat it contains, if any) or in the ingredients, which is labeled as "hydrogenated vegetable oils".
Rhubarb is rich in fiber that contributes to the cake with texture and vivid color, without being very bitter, because we have scalded rhubarb previously.
We may note a slight laxative effect, as this plant contains cathartic compounds (they accelerate defecation).
Although you should not eat this dish too often, it is compatible with any balanced diet to keep the joy in the kitchen. Of course, nothing will excuse us from a good walk to digest this delicious breakfast, dessert or snack.
More recipes and information on rhubard in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.