Vegetarian lentils recipe
Properties of vegetarian lentils
EASY RECIPE FOOTSTEPS OF LENTILS WITHOUT MEAT
|Photo of vegetarian lentils|
- Half a kilo of lentils
- 1 large onion
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- Put the lentils to soak for one hour before cooking.
- Cut the onion and leek in little pieces. Add a pinch of salt.
- Slowly fry the onion and leek
- Add the peeled and diced tomato. Sauté slowly along with the sweet bay.
- At the end, add the drained and raw lentils, the carrot and the garlic.
- Cover with water (best with vegetable broth) and add salt to taste.
- Boil for about 12-15 minutes . This dish will be much more nutritious if we add, before boiling, a handful of rice.
Properties of vegetarian lentils recipe
Although they have a reputation for being rich in iron, the truth is that this mineral is not absorbed as well as iron from animal foods. But lentils do contain other important nutrients for anemia, such as folic acid, which helps form red blood cells. (More info).
Suitable for vegetarians .
More information on nutrition in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.