How to make chips from yam
YAM CHIPS RECIPE
- Olive oil or high oleic sunflower oil
- Wash and peel the yams.
- Cut them into hives 1cm thick..
- In a pan, put the oil to heat.
- When the oil is hot, toss the yams. We must prevent the oil starts to smoke, as this indicates that is deteriorating.
- Prepare a plate with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve as a starter or accompaniment.
- They can also be prepared as fried chips. So that they are "inflated", the secret is to cut very thin slices and dip them in ice water. Drain well before frying and put tthem into the boiling oil, being careful not to splash.
* More yam recipes: Roasted yam
More information about yam in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.