English mustard sauce properties
Curcuma longa recipes
HOME RECIPE AND PROPERTIES OF ENGLISH MUSTARD SAUCE
What is English mustard sauce?
English mustard sauce is a soft mustard derivative of the strong English mustard sauce (known as mustard Colman's). It is prepared with white mustard (Sinapis alba), and other spices. It is the sauce that is used to flavor the popular "hot dogs" ("hot dogs").
Properties of mustard sauce
What effect has the mustard sauce?
- The mustard sauce is a strong seasoning that should be eaten sparingly.
- The aromatic components of mustard and turmeric stimulate gastric secretions, so this sauce is an excellent appetizer.
- Although this mustard is the softest, its spicy and intense flavor is a warning for delicate stomachs: indeed, mustard is irritating to the digestive mucosa, and those who suffer from heartburn, dyspepsia or digestive ulcers should avoid consuming it.
How to make mustard sauce
- 120g. of ground white mustard seeds.
- 175ml. of water
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the crushed white mustard seed with water. Remove and let stand 15 minutes. Mustard contains a type of fiber called mucilage, with emollient effect, which when hydrated, form a gel. This gel will provides the ideal texture to the sauce.
- Add turmeric, lemon juice and salt.
- Stir well so all ingredients are blended.
- When a thick dough is formed, pour into a glass jar.
- It must be kept in the refrigerator and used within one week.
- It can be combined with herbs to modify its flavor.
More information about turmeric recipes and properties in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.