RECIPES OF KUMQUAT
KUMQUATS MARMALADE RECIPE
- 700-800g. of kumquats
- 500g organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Wash the kumquats.
- Cut the kumquats (with skin) into small pieces so that you can spread it better on the bread. Remove the seeds.
- Strain the skins we have left to soak and reserve the water.
- In a saucepan pour the sliced kumquats, sugar, lemon zest and cinnamon.
- Mix and add water, just enough to cover.
- Let it boil for three quarters of an hour over low heat, stirring often, until most of the water has evaporated and it gets a gelatinous texture.
- Place in individual containers.
In fruits peel is where most flavonoids and polyphenols are. Since flavonoids do not dissolve into the juice (pulp), they are more assimilable if we eat the skin.
Among its flavonoids, kumquat is rich in quercetin, a flavonoid with higher properties for circulation, hypertension, antibacterial, antiinflammatory and antiasthmatic. It also contains rutin, a compound that improves the state of the arteries and capillaries.
More recipes and information on kumquat in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.