Plant remedies for osteoporosis
Home remedies for osteoporosis
NATURAL TREATMENT OF OSTEOPOROSIS
PHYTOTHERAPTY: Herbal remedies for osteoporosis
Phytotherapy in the treatment of osteoporosis focuses on the use of a number of plants whose role will focus on:
- Use of plants with estrogenic properties that compensate for the loss of estrogen.
- Using plants to help calcium absorption. Edible plants whose habitual intake helps provide more calcium to the bones or help the body produce the principles that help calcium absorption.
Among all the plants, we could mention the following as fundamental:
- Horsetail: (Equisetum arvense) It helps recover silicon failures that occur in the body by the influence of the loss of estrogen that hinders the absorption of this mineral. (decoction of a teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water for 15 minutes. A glass a day) (View the complete study of the plant for possible contraindications or toxicity)
- Avocado (Persea americana) Avocado is very rich in vitamin D which is needed to control the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the body and prevent brittle bones and teeth. Eating this fruit can be very useful during growth to achieve healthy bones and a correct size to avoid rickets.
Similarly, it can be very useful in other stages of life when you need an extra supply of these minerals. It is thus particularly interesting during pregnancy and especially from old age, to prevent the onset of osteoporosis. It also has significant amounts of magnesium, and iron.
- Jackfruit: (Artocarpus heterophyllus) Containing a lot of calcium and vitamin C, it can be very useful to avoid osteoporosis. (Eat this fruit)
- Onion (Allium cepa) Studies in mice, seem to show, according to research in Switzerland, that the daily intake of this nutrient promotes the development of bone tissue. Mice showed a decrease of 20% osteoporosis
- Cabbage (Brassica oleracea) for its boron content, it prevents the loss of estrogen that helps set the calcium in bones.
- Lime: (Citrus aurantifolia) Vitamin C is involved in the formation of bone tissue, which favors greater bone health and prevent osteoporosis by allowing the body to absorb more calcium.
- Soybean: (Glycine max) On the one hand, by its content of genistein, it is a good source of natural estrogens that aids the body to absorb more calcium. In contrast to HRT, it has no contraindications.
In addition, soy proteins, unlike animal proteins, do not contribute to expel calcium through urine, so a good intake of this food will be very helpful to keep the bones in a better condition for longer.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.