List of foods high in phenylalanine
Foods with phenylalanine
FOODS CONTAINING THE AMINO ACID PHENYLALANINE
Where is phenylalanine?
Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that the body can not synthesize and therefore must be provided by the diet.
Almost all foods contain phenylalanine, both of plant origin, as animal origin. However, the richest foods are:
* Meat products with phenylalanine
* Plant foods with phenylalanine
Fruits and vegetables are low in phenylalanine.
Other sources of phenylalanine
There are other sources of this amino acid to consider:
- Protein supplements or hiperproteic supplements
- Gelatin desserts: When gelatin is made from fish protein it contains phenylalanine. If you want to reduce the intake of this amino acid, such as phenylketonuria, you should use gelatins with vegetable gums such as agar agar.
- Aspartame sweetener: It takes part of many drinks such as soft drinks, colas, gum, etc. (Hence the importance of reading the food composition in people with phenylketonuria)
- Medications: Some medications may contain phenylalanine, especially if they are sweetened.
NUTRITIONAL TABLE OF AMOUNT OF FENILALANINA IN FOOD
(By order of high to low amount)
For a correct reading of the table: Lower numbers correspond to the richest foods in phenylalanine.
* Related information:
More information on amino acids in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.