Shiitake in the kitchen
How to cook shiitake mushroom
How does shiitake smell and taste?
Shiitake is a mushroom that has a quite characteristic and permanent aroma and flavor . Its flavor is very similar to the oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus).
It has a very much appetizing little spicy white meat.
How can shiitake mushroom be cooked?
It can be combined with many foods. It can be eaten cooked along with vegetables, pasta, meat etc. You can broil it or use it as a spice or condiment. In this case, they are usually served dry. It is very common in oriental dishes.
* More information about shiitake properties
A shiitake recipe: Shiitake mushrooms with potatoes au gratin
- 250 g shiitake mushrooms.
- 250 g mushrooms.
- 500 g of potatoes.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50 g Parmesan cheese.
- 30 g of butter.
- ½ cup water.
- Prepare the mushrooms, washing and cleaning them.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into slices.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Chop the garlic and put together the pieces with rolled mushrooms.
- In a paella pan, add a little oil and saute garlic and mushrooms for a couple of minutes.
- Add the water, sprinkle with thyme and parsley and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt and a little pepper and let simmer a few more minutes. Then, remove from heat and let cool.
- Heat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Coat the bottom of a metal pan with butter. Place half of the potatoes so that some partially overlap on each other. Cover the potatoes with a layer of slices of mushrooms. Place the remaining potatoes, forming another layer over the first and cover the rest with shiitake.
- Salt at will and sprinkle with a little pepper. Place in the hot oven and bake until the potatoes are cooked (about 80 or 90 minutes)
- Cover the dish with grated Parmesan cheese and cook another quarter on an hour.
- Serve it hot as a starter.
More information on other medicinal mushrooms in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.