LIST OF FOODS WITH A LOT OF CYSTEINE
As in most amino acids, foods containing them are those with a high protein concentration:
Animal food rich in cysteine
- Meats (pork, duck, chicken, etc.)
- Fish (hake, tuna, monkfish, etc.)
- Eggs and derivatives.
- Milk and dairy products.
Vegetable food rich in cysteine
- Sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds are very rich in cysteine.
- Soy and its derivatives: tofu, tempeh,…
- Wheat and its derivatives, especially seitan
- Legumes (soy, lentils, chickpeas, etc.)
Lentils contain a lot of cysteine.
- Vegetables (peppers, garlic, cabbage, etc.)
- Cereals (wheat, pasta, rice, etc.)
- Nuts and seeds.
- Some dietary supplements such as wheat germ.
* Related information:
List of amino acids in food
Essential amino acids
Nonessential amino acids
More information on amino acids.
3 April, 2022