How to get rid of acne scars
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR SCARS
There are some chemical treatments that can get rid of your acne scars. Microdermabrasion is a quite aggressive method which can cause you some pain and keep your face inflated for some days.
You can also use laser treatment. Both methods can be very effective but they are also very expensive and require much attention on how to apply them.
You can use some natural treatments for acne scarring and other skin conditions such as pimples, pustules, black spots, etc. They require a long term treatment to prove effective, but they are a good alternative to the previous treatments.
Remedies with medicinal plants for scars
Among all the possible treatments we want to distinguish the following:
– Cabbage (Brassica oleracea) Its exerts a tonic and repairing value for the skin, especially when mixed with a little olive oil. (Crush the fresh leaves and apply as a poultice on the affected area of skin)
– Papaya (Carica papaya) proteolytic and bactericidal properties of papaya are useful in removing pimples, blackheads or pimples prevent acne, while those infected. Apply a lotion of papaya juice on the affected skin and keep it for 15 minutes. Then clean it with cold water.
– Oats (Avena sativa) to remove many skin imperfections, you can make a mask with a paste made with 5 tablespoons of oatmeal in a tablespoon of honey. Stir and add two egg whites. Put it as a mask over your face for 30 minutes.
– Evening primrose (Oenothera biennis) Topical application of primrose oil reduces acne inflammation an other skin disorders.
– Arnica (Arnica montana) Wash the affected area with water resulting from the infusion of one teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water. Place a few drops of arnica tincture in a cup of water and clean the area with a cloth.
– Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) The astringent properties of this tree can be used for external treatment of acne. Compresses wet with the liquid from the decoction for ten minutes of three tablespoons of crushed twigs per liter of water)
– Echinacea (Echinacea spp.) It reduces symptoms of acne in all its signs and prevents their infection. (Drench the affected area with liquid from the fresh plant. Dilute a few drops of tincture in water and apply a gauze over the affected area.
More information about acne and its natural treatment.