WHEN YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE VITEX
What is chase tree (vitex) and what is it used for?
Chasteberry or chaste tree is a shrub of Central Asia, which is also found in the Mediterranean countries.
What are vitex contraindications?
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: This plant is not suitable during pregnancy and breasfeeding
- Allergy: People who are allergic to other plants, should have extreme with the use of remedies from plants.
A drawing of the plant
- Treatment with contraceptives: It is contraindicated the use of this plant for women with birth control treatments and women taking medication for the symptoms of menopause.
- Endometriosis, breast cancer, uterine cancer and other cancer types: Some people with hormone dependent cancers may suffer adverse effects from this plant for its activity on hormone levels.
- Gastritis and stomach problems: In case of gastric problems, it is better to split the doses more times, taking them all on a full stomach.
- More information about vitex properties, toxicity…in the listing above
19 March, 2019