Herbal remedies to heal wounds
Severe injuries require hospital care as soon as possible. Equally serious burns should receive medical attention. However, some natural remedies can be used at home to treat minor injuries.
The use of these resources will help to reduce pain, to prevent possible infection and facilitate healing.
The main natural resource to treat wounds could include the following:
Vitamins for wounds
The following vitamins are very interesting:
– Vitamin C: Because of its healing properties, the intake of food rich in this vitamin will help improve the conditions of a wound, facilitating healing. The usual dose is 3000 mg per day split into 3 doses for about 4 / 5 days or eating citric fruits.
Lemon is rich in vitamin C
– Vitamin A: Like vitamin C, it contributes to wound healing, prevents infections, reduces inflammation and helps the skin heal properly.
– Vitamin E: It can be applied externally, with a little oil on the skin or taken internally, in this case, the usual dose is about 300 IU per day during the first days.
Herbal supplements for wounds
– Aloe: Aloe gel, available in pharmacies or herbalists’ or taken directly from the leaves of the plant helps to heal wounds when applied 3 or 4 times on the same day.
Aloe vera gel is used to treat burns
– Golden seal: Golden seal tincture is applied directly to wounds to prevent infection, favors scarring and help prevent excessive blood output.
– Calendula: Like aloe, calendula cream, available in pharmacies and herbalists’, can be applied to the wounds 3 or 4 times a day, which promotes healing.
– Melaleuca / Lavender: The oil of these plants, diluted in water, can be used for washing wounds or as a prevention method for infections.
Lavender dry flowers
Mineral supplements for wounds
– Selenium: Selenium helps healing and prevents scar formation, increasing skin elasticity. The usual dose is about 200 mg daily during the first days.
More information about wounds its natural treatment.
Infected wound healing
28 March, 2019