- 1 Natural tonics characteristics
- 1.1 NATURAL TONICS FOR THE HAIR
- 1.2 What are tonics used for? How to make homemade tonics? Tonics for every type of hair
- 1.3 What are hair tonics?
- 1.4 How do you prepare a hair tonic?
- 1.5 How to use a hair tonic?
- 1.6 SOME EXAMPLES OF HAIR TONICS
Natural tonics characteristics
NATURAL TONICS FOR THE HAIR
What are tonics used for? How to make homemade tonics? Tonics for every type of hair
Lavender essential oil is used for hair tonics
What are hair tonics?
Hair tonics have the function to give vigor to the hair, preventing abnormal capillary fragility, that can produce alopecia, seborrhea, dandruff, etc.
Hair tonics can present in their composition a variable alcohol content.
How do you prepare a hair tonic?
Thyme has hair tonic properties
There are different preparations for toning the hair. For example:
- Non alcoholic preparations with medicinal plants: You can make decoctions or infusions of plants with positive properties for your hair.
- Alcoholic preparations with medicinal plants:To the previous preparations alcohol is added to absorb plant properties and for an easy application.
- Hair preparations with essential oils blends: Essential oils are used to massage your hair to provide it their properties.
How to use a hair tonic?
Used it after washing your hair, applying on your hair in the form of friction.
SOME EXAMPLES OF HAIR TONICS
Lemon juice is mixed with cider vinegar to produce a hair tonic against dandruff Tonics for every type of hair:
- Tonic with thyme: Make an infusion of 50 gr. thyme in half liter of water for 15 minutes. Add 400 ml of alcohol at 90º. Massage the hair once a day with this liquid.
Tonics for baldness or hair loss
- Tonic of rosemary, chamomile and lavender: mix half tablespoon of distilled water with two teaspoons of alcohol at 30º. Add 5 drops of chamomile oil, 5 drops of lavender oil and five drops of oil of rosemary. Mix well and apply as a massage on your hair.
- Tonic of walnut: Pour a cup of boiling water over 10 gr. of walnut leaves. Cool, filter and massage the scalp with the resulting liquid.
Tonics for oily hair:
- Tonic of rosemary: decoction of a handful of rosemary leaves in a liter and a half of water for 20 minutes over low heat. Filter and store in an airtight container and clean. Massage the hair after washing properly.
- Tonic of hops: Decoction of two tablespoons of hops root in a glass of water. Cool and massage the hair.
Tonics for dandruff:
Mix 4 tablespoons of lemon juice with four tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Massage the scalp and leave act for 10 minutes. Wash your hair with natural shampoo and rinse thoroughly.
Tonics for hair growth:
- Essential oil tonic of rosemary: Massage the scalp with a few drops of rosemary essential oil twice a day.
More information on hair care.
13 June, 2021