Natural treatment for high uric acid level or hyperuricemia
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR HIGH URIC ACID
Medicinal herbs for high uric acid level
Phytotherapy used to lower high levels of uric acid in the blood consists of diuretic plants that help expel the excess of this substance from the body. Plants are also used to relieve joint pain when gouty arthritis appears.
Herbal teas for uric acid
Among the most used diuretic plants we can mention the following:
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense): (Decoction for 30 minutes of a good handful of dried plant in a liter of water. Take 3 cups a day) (2 tablets 600mg. of horsetail, 3 times a day)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) (Decoction of 100 gr. of roots in liter and a half of water. Take three cups a day) (Infusion 1 teaspoon of dried leaves per cup of water. Take 3 cups a day)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis): (Infusion of 1 tablespoon of dried leaves per cup of water)
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria): (Infusion of 2 teaspoons of leaves, twice a day. Do not boil to avoid destroying salicylic acid)
- Nettle (Urtica dioica): (Decoction of the dried root for 10 minutes. Take 3 cups a day) (Infusion of two tablespoons of dried leaves per liter of water. Take three times a day before meals.)
Supplements for high uric acid level
Magnesium: One of the recommended supplements is magnesium, which, given its basifying effect, helps to counteract the acidification problems caused by the increase in uric acid levels. Magnesium helps to improve the general state of the organism and to prevent the wear of the joints by the increased of acidification of the organism.
Magnesium helps to improve the general state of the organism and to prevent the wear of the joints by the increase of acidification of the organism.
The recommended daily dose is 400mg. daily through the diet, which is recommended to increase to 500mg. of magnesium per day in case of gout or hyperuricemia. (Take magnesium food supplements).
From the point of view of supplements, both wheat germ and brewer’s yeast should be controlled, because of their high purine content, they are not a suitable food supplement for people with high uric acid level.
There are other recommended vitamins and minerals that can improve the health status of people with high uric acid problems.
Diet to improve high uric acid level
A proper diet can contribute greatly to the recovery of normal uric acid levels and to the prevention of the consequences of these levels, such as gout attacks and joint pain (gouty arthritis).
The general guidelines for feeding in hyperuricemia or high uric acid are:
- Diet with low purine content: One of the recommended diets in case of uric acid level is the ovo-lacto-vegetarian diet, due to its low purine content (Eggs and milk does not contain purines).
- Low-salt foods (It promotes diuresis)
- Drink between 2 and 3 liters of water a day
- Take diuretic infusions: Among the recommended, rosemary, horsetail or dandelion.
- Diet rich in vegetables, greens, vegetables and fruits.
- Not dieting to lose weight: In case of obesity, strict weight loss diets should not be make until uric acid levels are normal.
* Related information:
More information on natural treatment, foods, diet and remedies for high uric acid level
11 October, 2022