Why to eat green peas with potatoes
NUTRITIONAL AND MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF GREEN PEAS WITH POTATOES
Boiling vegetables is a very healthy way to eat low in fat, to acquire food rich in fiber and with many antioxidants such as beta carotene. These properties are even higher when vegetables are consumed steamed as they lose less minerals in the steaming process.
It is an energetic dish, which gives us complex carbohydrates and B vitamins for our body and our brain. Peas provide fiber, which our body needs to maintain intestinal health. Intestines are the center of the body’s immunity. In addition, a diet rich in fiber helps prevent cholesterol, atherosclerosis, colon cancer and gives us satiety not to snack.
This recipe is suitable in a balanced diet for everybody, but it is especially beneficial for obese people because of the properties of the fiber and flavonoids of peas (beta carotene).
Due to the high potassium content of potatoes and peas, the recipe is suitable for arthritis, rheumatism and gout because the diuretic effect of this mineral.
You can complete the recipe properties if you add garlic to the vegetables. Garlic is one of the oldest medicinal foods known. It has got antirheumatic, circulatory, diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties, being highly recommended especially when following a weight loss plan.
Furthermore, boiled vegetables have interesting properties to protect the stomach acids and avoid gastritis. It is a suitable dish for stomach ulcer.
It must be present the diet of children, students, youth, and, overall, it can be considered a balanced vegetarian diet.
GREEN PEAS WITH POTATOES RECIPE
Ingredients of green peas with potatoes
Elaboration of green peas with potatoes
Green peas with potatoes and aioli sauce
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Cut into pieces.
- Peel the garlic clove.
- By means of boiling: Bring water to a boil with a little salt. Adding salt prevents too many minerals in vegetables get lost during cooking.
- When the water boils, pour the the vegetables and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lower the intensity of the fire so that the peas do not break.
- Strain the peas and potatoes when cooked.
- Steam method: this way you lose less minerals. A pot is put on a little water, and the vegetables are placed in a container for baking with steam. You can also use a steaming machine.
How to serve green peas with potates
Dress with olive oil and serve.
More information about Mediterranean diet.
22 April, 2019