Herbal remedies for rehydration
Tips to prevent dehidration
To avoid dehydration, one should bear in mind the following tips:
– Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration and to compensate for water lost because of sweating. It is very advisable to drink at least a couple of liters a day. (More on how much water you should drink) With very hard jobs and heavy sweating, it may be advisable to add some salt to the water,, unless you have high blood pressure problems. (More information on how much water we need in the listing above)
– Use rice water: Besides stopping diarrhea, the “water of rice” will help to rehydrate us.
– Avoid exercising during the scorching hours. It is more convenient to do it in the morning or in the afternoon. Old people should stay home during the hottest hours..
– Dress in light and fresh clothing: it is advisable to wear cotton clothing and protect your head with a straw hat or a cap. (This is especially useful in infants who should not be placed in the sun bareheaded) If heat is very strong, a damp cloth may be placed between the head and hat. Acrylic fibers can not perspire too well and retain heat.
– Eat foods rich in liquids: It is best to eat raw natural plant foods (salads, fruits or vegetables).
– Take a break from time to time if you are doing hard physical work or exercise: Stop working for a few minutes to cool yourself in the shade. Take a rest and drink some water so that the body regains its temperature. If you feel dizzy, stop working or doing exercise. One should never do hard sports or hiking alone. At least, it is desirable to do so with someone else so that you can be helped if necessary.
– Do not drink your urine. It will not help you at all.
– Do not drink sea water. It does not quench your thirst an can damage your kidneys.
– Do not drink alcohol.
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies to treat dehydration
The use of herbal medicine focuses on the use of a number of plants used to combat the cause that lead to dehydration:
More information about dehydration and its natural treatment.