- 1 Medicinal plants for metabolism diseases
Medicinal plants for metabolism diseases
SUITABLE MEDICINAL PLANTS TO TREAT METABOLISM DISORDERS
What plants are suitable for metabolism?
We will include in this group medicinal plants with the following properties:
- Diuretic plants that help to eliminate leftover liquids and toxins in the body.
- Satiating plants that decrease the desire to eat.
- Stimulant plants that accelerate the metabolism, which implies a greater expenditure of calories very useful in case of slow metabolisms.
- Sedative plants that ddiminish the basal metabolism in case of people with too high caloric expenditure.
HERBAL PREPARATIONS FOR METABOLIC DISORDERS
Suitable plants for people with slow metabolism
People may have slow metabolism due to lack of physical activity because their body composition is poor in musculature or because of genetic, age or hormonal causes.
To reduce the need to snack between meals, you can take some food rich in fiber. Fruits, for example, are rich in fiber and contain no fats, so they can be used as a healthy snack between the hours, to lessen the craving for sweet and not arrive with a voracious hunger to the next meal.
Another type of remedy for less hunger consists of substances that help calm nervousness, such as foods rich in tryptophan (serotonin precursor), or plants with hydroxycitric acid, a component of Garcinia cambogia that takes away hunger.
Medicinal plants for people having a to much accelerated metabolism
For more detailed information, click on each of these types of disorder.
Fast metabolism depends on the same factors as slow metabolism. It can occur by age (children and youth), by having a lot of physical activity or a lot of muscle, or by hormonal causes.
It also influences sex, as men have a higher metabolism than women.
Accelerated metabolism usually manifests with nervousness and thinness, which should not be treated with the intake of greasy products, but with a diet rich in complex carbohydrates.
More information on natural medicine.
1 July, 2019