Cake filled with jam and covered with chocolate
PROPERTIES OF BISCUIT FILLED WITH CHOCOLATE
What benefits does a chocolate cake provide?
A chocolate cake is a recipe that provides many calories, due to its content in butter and flour. It is for this reason that you can not eat too often, although in the right ration, it is perfectly compatible with a healthy diet, which has to be varied and enjoyable.
Among the qualities or nutritional value that a chocolate cake can bring, we cite that it is a source of vitamins A and D, natural antioxidants found in butter, although it should be tempered by its cholesterol content.
Flour is rich in vitamin B1 or thiamine, which tones the nervous system and helps us feel more energetic. If we choose wholemeal flour, it is not noticed in the flavor, and will bring the benefits of fiber to balance the recipe.
Magnesium present in black cocoa is a natural relaxant.
Main nutritional virtues of a chocolate cake
The effect of this recipe on the body will undoubtedly be that of energizing us. Nothing will excuse us of taking a walk to balance this small and delicious sin.
How to make a chocolate cake with jam filling and dark chocolate coating
Sponge cake filled with jam, covered with black chocolate and butter, decorated with gooseberries, rolled almonds and mint leaves.
- 3 eggs
- 100g of brown sugar
- 125g butter or margarine
- 150g whole wheat flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- Optional:Grated lemon peel and mint leaves.
- Strawberry jam, bitter orange jam or to taste
For the coating:
- 150g of chocolate to melt (minimum 50% cocoa) and 100g of butter or margarine.
Making the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Heat the butter to the bain Marie until it melts.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar, yeast and sift the wholemeal flour.
- The flour, the butter and the chocolate (flour and fats) must mix very well, because of that it depends the cake to be soft and fluffy.
- Add to the dough a teaspoon of lemon zest and a mint leaf (optional).
- Place the dough in an oven bowl, previously greased with butter.
- Cook at 180ºC for 3545 minutes. It is important to cook the cake gradually: in this way, the dough will raise more (it will become more spongy) and will be cooked homogeneously. It is not convenient to cook au gratin or high temperatures, because we can burn the cake or cook it well from outside and leave it raw or undone inside.
- Remove the cake from the oven when it is cooked. Let cool for 15 minutes.
Fill the sponge cake:
- Cut the cake in half and let cool for another 5 minutes. Spread with plenty of jam and cover again.
For chocolate coating:
- Melt the chocolate with butter or margarine to the bain Marie. Mix well until it forms a homogeneous paste.
- Apply a chocolate coating. Decorate to taste and let cool.
24 December, 2021