How to prepare a quinoa salad for summer?
TROPICAL SALAD OF QUINOA
– 1 cup quinoa
– 2 cups water
– 4 onions, chopped
– 4 mangos, diced
– ¼ cup sliced almonds
– ¼ cup cranberries
– 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
– Juice of 1 lime
– White balsamic vinegar (optional)
– Salt and pepper
– Rinse the quinoa and drain it. Repeat 3 times. Drain.
– Toast the quinoa in a pan (a nonstick pot) over medium heat for 5 minutes.
– Pour two cups of water in the pan / pot, boil the quinoa, and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. The water must have been absorbed.
– Allow to cool.
– Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently.
– Serve at room temperature as a salad.
More recipes and information on quinoa.