Ingredients for 5 people:
– 1kg. turnips, tender and fresh
– 2 tablespoons flour
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 pinch of nutmeg
– 6 cups water
– Clean and slice the turnips into cubes.
– Brown the flour in the pan with the oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
– Add the remaining ingredients: sliced turnips, water, salt and nutmeg.
– Cook over medium heat, covered, for 40 minutes.
– Beat the soup until it becomes smooth.
– Cook for 8 minutes over very low heat, stirring constantly. Another option: serve in a bowl, throw cheese on top, and brown in the oven 10 minutes.
– Serve with julienned fresh parsley on top, and a pinch of black pepper.
More information about Mediterranean diet.