- 1 kg of persimmons
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 kg sugar
- Clean persimmons, using a damp cloth.
- Remove the cap and stalk. Cut the persimmons and remove the seeds. Cut persimmons into small pieces.
- In a saucepan place the sugar and cinnamon, add the pieces of kaki and let stand for about 5 hours. During this time the persimmons absorb sugar and give off their juice.
- After this time, turn on the fire and cook for 2 hours over a low fire.
- Turn off the heat. Cool slightly.
- Remove the cinnamon, and package the persimmon marmalade in glass jars. Keep them in the frigde or in a cool place.
Ways to serve:
- Serve at breakfast spread on bread. Midmorning or midafternoon snacks. To fill cakes.
Other persimmon recipes:
More information on persimmon in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.