Wrist pain remedies
Home remedies for wrist pain
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR DISCOMFORT AND PAIN IN THE WRIST JOINT
What is good for wrist pain?
Natural remedies to treat wrist pain consist of plants, supplements and remedies to help relieve the pain through three fundamental ways:
- Anti-inflammatory plants: These remedies can be applied both externally and internally.
- Analgesic plants: With pain relieving properties.
- Diuretic plants: They help eliminate excess fluids from the body by means of reducing pressure on the wrist.
Nutritional supplements can also be taken to improve overall health.
If taking medication (heart drugs, diuretics, aspirin, etc..) you should consult with your doctor, as there are contraindications to the simultaneous use of these plants and medicines.
Do not take these preparartions if you are pregnant. Consult with your doctor.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa): It contains curcumin, an effective anti-inflammatory component. This supplement has been used in conjunction with bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapple, also anti-inflammatory. (Capsules: 400 - 600mg. 3 times a day) (Use turmeric in food daily)
- Arnica (Arnica montana): Arnica anti-inflammatory properties are useful for the treatment of pain. (Apply a gentle massage on your wrist with this plant ointment)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum): topical remedy to treat inflamed, irritated, chapped or sore areas. (Poultice prepared with a decoction of fenugreek flour: boil it for 15min until it becomes a pastry. Cool and apply on the area)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Ginger is one of the best anti-inflammatory and analgesic vegetables. The ingestion of this food reduces inflammation and relieves pain due to inflammation (A couple of teaspoons of ginger powder daily divided into two doses) (Crushed ginger poultice on the affected area)
Ginger is very suitable to diminish inflammation and reduce pain
- Pineapple (Ananas comosum): This is a quintessential anti-inflammatory fruit. Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme with anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties. Scientific studies confirm the antiinflammatory effects of pineapple. Its effect is greater when combined with turmeric. (Take fresh pineapple daily in food)
-Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria): It contains salicylates to treat pain and it is also a diuretic plant that can diminish inflammation of the joints. (Infusion of flowers 2 teaspoons twice a day. Do not reach the boiling point not to destroy the salicylic acid) (External treatment: poultice or compress of leaves and flowers on the area)
- Violet (Violeta odorata): Violet contains numerous painkillers and anti-inflammatory principles (salicylic acid, methyl salicylate, eugenol, beta-sitosterol, quercetin, rutin, etc.) and has properties to fight pain and reduce inflammation. (Decoction of two tablespoons of shredded dried root per liter of water for 15 minutes. Wet a towel with the liquid and apply to the painful area). Equally interesting is the violet ointment made with lard and violet leaves.
Supplements for wrist pain
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E protects cell membranes from the adverse effects of inflammation. (Take 1,500 IU of vitamin E per day. After a week, reduce it to 1000 IU per day.)
- Boswellia (Boswellia serrata): Plant used for Ayurveda with inflammatory properties because of its boswellic acids. (Capsules with standardized extract (60% Boswellic acids): 600 to 1200 mg. a day)
- Flax (Linum usitatissium): Flaxseed is a seed rich in Omega 3, a type of fat that provides anti-inflammatory properties. Another option is to employ primrose oil with the same properties (1,500 to 2,000 mg dose of oil beads per day in both cases). These supplements are not effective without a balanced diet.
More information on joints pain and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.