How to make escalivada
(A typical Spanish dish from Catalonia and Aragon)
- Wash the vegetables.
- Place vegetables whole or cut into pieces in a large baking dish, with salt and a little oil.
- Cook the vegetables in the oven at 180 º C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and let the cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the vegetables.
- Place them on a serving platter.
How to serve the escalivada
It is typically served with chopped vegetables and seasoned with olive oil.
We season with garlic and parsley to increase the vitamins and enhance the flavor of the dish.
It is served as accompaniment, or with tomato bread. In some regions it is served into strips, placed on top of toasted country bread, spread with tomato, dressed with oil and with a slice of goat cheese on top. This is an exquisite and ideal preparation for an impromptu dinner.
The grilled vegetables or baked vegetables, make this preparation a light and healthy dish, ideal for introducing or accompanying dinner. Compatible with any balanced diet, especially in weight-losing diets. This dish is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Fiber is a unique component of the plant world, and our body needs it to maintain intestinal health, which is the center of the body's immunity. In addition, a diet rich in fiber helps prevent cholesterol, atherosclerosis, colon cancer and provides us satiety with very few calories.
The grilled vegetables or baked vegetables are a great way to enjoy the taste of vegetables, in a colorful and light dish.
More recipes and information about eggplant and other food in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.