Properties of home made truffles
Benefits of cocoa and coconut truffles
Properties of truffels made with cocoa and coconut, with no gluten
They are sweet and with an intense flavor of pure cocoa, which combines well with coconut.
The mass of green banana or banana has a smooth consistency and provides much potassium, magnesium (important for muscles and heart) and vitamin B6 (which contributes to the smooth functioning immune system).
EASY RECIPE OF COCOA AND COCONUT TRUFFLES
Ingredients for chocolate truffles and coconut
- 1 large green banana
- 1 cup pitted dates (6-8 units)
- Cocoa powder, about 1 cup
- 200ml coconut milk
Main ingredients for the recipe of truffles cocoa and coconut
Preparing homemade cocoa truffles
Prepare the dough:
- Put the dates soaked with water.
- Boil the banana: Cut the ends of a green banana and split it in half. You can boil it completely peeled or with the same skin (Make a cross-section,and, when the skin opens, it is already cooked). The green banana is cooked in boiling water in about 10 minutes, or when passing a knife, the tip of it passes through completely.
- Drain and mash some banana with a little coconut milk, to be added gradually. Banana is very effrective and thickens very much, so it may not be necessary to use it all to make the dough.
- In another bowl, mash the dates with a little coconut milk until a smooth, brownish and very sweet dough is formed (we use the dates in place of sugar).
- Put the two masses together, the banana with dates. Add slowly and stir. It can also be crushed all at once, but this can be a bit more difficult because of the hardness of dates.
Picture of how mass is formed, beating coconut milk and green banana
How to make truffles form
- Add cocoa powder (about 4 tablespoons, to taste) and grated coconut (to taste). The dough should not be too liquid, add cocoa or coconut if necessary.
- Keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. As the mass cools, it will solidify. With a spoon, remove the dough from the refrigerator and form small truffles. They can be battered in pure cocoa or grated coconut.
- Keep in the freezer and serve cold. It is recommended to remove from the freezer and put in the fridge at least half an hour before eating.
How to serve truffles with cocoa and coconut
More information on coconut in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.