BENEFITS OF LETTUCE
What are lettuces?
Lettuce (Lactuca sativa L) is a vegetable.
This consists of a long or rounded leaves depending on the variety.
Its color varies from yellow or almost white to deep green or even bluish or brown.
They have a mild flavor, but sometimes it's a little bitter.
What are the lettuce main nutrients?
As an energy source, 100 grams of lettuce provide 13 kilocalories.
Their proportion of nutrients are divided into:
- More than 95% is water.
- A 0.2% fat.
- About 1.2% of proteins.
- Nearly 2.3% of carbohydrates.
- A 1% fiber.
At the level of minerals is a vegetable rich in potassium and calcium.
A level of vitamins is a vegetable rich in vitamin A and vitamin C.
Nutritional characteristics of lettuce
- Lettuce has a very high water content.
- It gives us very little energy.
- It contains little fat, but of high quality and with many health benefits.
- It has a low protein content.
- It is low in carbohydrates, especially starches.
- It has a high fiber content.
- It helps to remove toxins from our body, because it contains potassium.
- Because of its calcium content, it maintains the balance of the formation of strong bones.
- It protects the skin and helps keep it healthy, because of vitamin A.
- It protects us from colds and helps heal wounds, because it contains vitamin C.
Lettuce in the kitchen:
More information about other foods and nutrition in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.