Get rid of pinworms
Remedies for expelling pinworms
GET RID OF PINWORMS
Natural treatment for intestinal worms
Medical treatments are very effective for removing worms. These are called anthelmintics. However, we can use a variety of natural resources that are able to kill intestinal worms in minor infections or to help conventional treatments to eliminate these parasites.
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies to expel pinworms
Phytotherapy in the treatment of these roundworms involves using a number of medicinal plants with anthelmintic properties, that's to say they are capable of killing or expelling these worms.
Of all the plants, we can mention the most important:
- Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo) Pumpkin seeds, for their content in cucurbitine, have anthelmintic properties. (Eating a daily serving of fresh seeds can eliminate intestinal worms.)
Without having to use this procedure, we can eliminate intestinal worms simply by eating a teaspoon of crushed seeds - These seeds are extremely hot. We may also use the juice of unripe fruit (Take a teaspoon of green papaya juice, mixed with an equal amount of honey and water twice - honey removes some of the spicy flavor of these seeds)
- Guanabana or soursop (Annona muricata) The roots of the plant are a remedy against intestinal worms.
- Lemon tree (Citrus limonum) Lemon seeds, crushed and boiled in milk, can kill threadworms when taken with an empty stomach. (Mash half a tablespoon of lemon seeds - about 10 - for children and a tablespoon for adults. Boil them in a glass of milk. Strain and drink a glass a day for 3 or 4 days.)
- Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) Tamarind leaves are effective anthelmintic, vermifuge and astringent. There is s an effective remedy used in parts of Africa and India to treat intestinal parasites. ( infusion of 30g. of dry leaves per liter of water, 3 cups daily.)
The use of this plant in patients with gastritis or peptic ulcer is discouraged. High doses of this plant can cause vomiting, indigestion or headache. Not for use with children under 2 years old. In case of pregnancy or hypertension take it only under prescription.
- Tarragon: (Artemisia dracunculus) Because of its deworming components, this plant is a natural remedy against intestinal worms. (infusion of 5g of dried leaves in 250ml of water. Take two glasses a day)
- Garlic (Allium sativum) Sulfur components of garlic may be useful to eliminate pinworms. (Crush a garlic clove. Add two tablespoons water and mix everything well. Take a couple of tablespoons a day.)
Pinworm treatment for children
- Carrots (Daucus carota) A simple treatment performed with carrot juice can be very useful for pinworms. (Mash carrots and drink the juice)
More information about pinworms, other intestinal worms and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.