REMEDIES FOR OTITIS
Home remedies for inflammation of the ear
HOW TO CURE OTITIS WITH NATURAL PRODUCTS
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies for inflammation of the ear
Phytotherapy for the treatment of otitis involves the use of plants with the following properties:
- Eliminate the germs that cause infection:
- Facilitate the drainage of fluids that can appear in the middle ear, blocking the eustachian tube.
- Strengthen the defenses to prevent respiratory infections that are the main cause of the otitis.
Internal use preparations to treat inflammation of the ear
Among all the suitable plants, we can point out the following:
- Garlic (Allium sativum) Because of its bactericidal properties, it is particularly relevant when otitis responds to an infection caused by bacteria. (Eating raw garlic in salads)
- Echinacea (Echinacea sp) Very useful to increase your body's defenses, preventing or combating infection (Infusion of a spoonful of dried plant per cup of water. A couple of cups a day) (It can be taken as supplements in doses of 600 mg daily, divided into three intakes)
- Gentian (Gentiana lutea) There is evidence that this plant has antibiotic properties so it can be used to treat bacterial-type diseases such as ear infections or otitis, bronchitis, etc. (Sprinkle gentian root powder on a toast sweeted with honey or jam. Take two or three toasts a day. Spread a powdered gentian teaspoonful among the two or three toasts)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) (Cover your head with a towel or cloth and make inhalations with hot water in which you have poured a few drops of eucalyptus)
External use preparations to treat inflammation of the ear
- Garlic (Allium sativum), lavender (Lavandula sp), peppermint (Mentha arvensis, Mentha piperita, Mentha rotundifolia, etc.) and mullein (Verbascum thapsus): They all have bactericidal properties, being particularly appropriate for infections of the middle ear. (Provide a couple of drops of diluted oil of these plants inside the ear. Cover with a bit of cotton later)
- Elder (Sambucus nigra) By introducing the steam in our ear resulting from the decoction of a handful of dry leaves, we will feel a big relief. (The process is done by the vaporization method, which consist on the application of a vapor for therapeutic use. This can be done in practice in the following way: Boil a handful of leaves in a liter of water for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and, while being hot, place a cone made of paper or cardboard over the steam. Introduce the narrowest end in the ear and the widest end over the steam so that the steam can go into the ear.)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) (With the same method introduce the steam of eucalyptus in your ear)
- White deadnettle (Lamium album) (With the same method introduce the steam of white deadnettle in your ear)
- Olive oil (Olea europaea): (Softly introduce a bit of cotton soaked in olive oil)
More information about otitis and ear diseases in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.