What food is responsible for causing tooth decay
What foods can produce caries?
Betacarotene from carrots protects us against cancer
The most cariogenic foods are those viscous or sticky high in sugar ones since they can stick and stay longer in the mouth:
- Candy industrial: all kinds of goodies, candy sugar
- Chocolates, chocolate with milk
- Cake and pastry
- Sugary breakfast cereals
- Sports bars containing sugar or honey
- ” Crackers” (granola bars with honey)
- Honey and cereal molasses
- Dried fruit: apricots, dates, raisins, prunes, etc..
- Industrial nectars.
- Industrial Glues containing gas (Gas lowers the pH of the mouth and damages the enamel) and lots of sugar.
Other very sweet foods that can also cause tooth decay are:
Snacking causes a lot of caries
It has been shown that one of the factors causing more tooth decay is snacking. If peck between meals (coffee with sugar between meals, cookies, candy, etc..), The teeth are continually affected by acids .
When we eat a food with sugar, the teeth are attacked by acids for 20 minutes.
Suitable food to prevent tooth decay
The ” anti -caries ” foods are those that increase the pH of the mouth, counteracting the effect of acids. These foods are, for example:
– Cheese, which acts as a buffer effect
Does tea produce tooth decay?
All the contrary, tea, specially green tea, is a good remedy against caries, as scientific studies have demonstrated, because of the inhibitory activity of tea catechins against bacteria that cause decay.
More information about tooth decay diet.
22 October, 2021