Herbal remedies for dandruff
How to treat dandruff with natural products?
The primary role of herbal medicine consists on using some plants with the following purposes:
- Plants that provide those vitamins and minerals necessary for healthy hair.
- Plants that avoid excessive peeling or control the excess of fat (seborrhea) or prevent excessive dryness.
- Plants that help overcome emotional problems, reassuring the individual to more secure emotional states.
PHYTOTHERAPY : Herbal remedies to remove or prevent dandruff
Internal use preparations to treat dandruff
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense.) For its silica content, it is adequate to keep your hair in good condition. (Infusion of a spoonful of dried plant per cup of water. Take one cup a day.
- Tea (Camellia sinensis) Like horsetail, for its silica content, it is is adequate for your hair to be healthy. (Infusion of a spoonful of dried plant per cup of water. Take one cup a day)
- Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) Stevia has vulnerary, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, able to prevent and treat dandruff (Infusion of 1 tsp stevia per cup, apply the liquid on the scalp after cleaning your hair.)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)for its richness in iron, dandelion leaf helps maintain good health of our hair. (Eat fresh leaves in salad)
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) Like dandelion, milk thistle is also very rich in iron (Eat fresh leaves in salad) The tender dandelion leaves and the tender leaves of milk thistle are, among others, highly recommended edible wild plants.
External use preparations to treat dandruff
- Nettle: (Urtica dioica) It has been demonstrated its regenerative effect of the scalp, and its ability to combat dandruff, seborrhea and other disorders related to hair loss. For this reason, although it can not be considered an anti-baldness
miraculous elixir, it can aid prevent some hair problems. (Maceration of 100 g of nettle and rosemary in 1 liter of dried anise for 15 days. Rub your scalp in the morning and before bedtime)
- Sweet bay (Laurus nobilis) It exerts a regenerating effect on the scalp, and the ability to combat dandruff, seborrhea and other disorders related to hair loss. For this reason it also may help prevent or delay baldness. (Rub your scalp with the essential oil in the morning and before going to bed) (Decoction of a handful of bay leaves per liter of water. After you wash your hair, rub your scalp
with the warm liquid resulting from the decoction. After one our of application rinse your hair well)
- Horsetail: (Equisetum arvense) Make a decoction of 1 ½ teaspoon horsetail child in a liter of water. Allow to cool and wash your hair without rinsing.
- Agave (Agave americana) With the liquid from the maceration of the tender leaves hair can be rinsed after using a natural shampoo
- Comfrey: (Symphytum officinale) for its allantoin content, it is is part of the composition of many dandruff shampoos. (Add 3 drops of tincture to your usual shampoo)
- Gentian: (Gentiana lutea) Due to its high zinc content, gentian becomes part of the composition of many preparations to prevent hair loss. This same component can help prevent the onset of dandruff.
- Dragon fruit (Hylocereus undatus) Used to make shampoo at home.
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) Licorice decreases fatty secretions of the hair and allows better control of dandruff. (Infusion of the dried plant. Mix with vinegar and rinse your hair after washing)
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) Mix 5 drops of sage oil with a teaspoon of almond oil and massage your head with your fingers in a circular motion after washing your hair.
More information about medicinal plants and cosmetics.
13 June, 2021