Herbal preparations with anti-inflammatory properties
Herbal infusion to diminish inflammation
The following infusions can be very useful to treat inflammatory processes:
- Herbs rich in thymol (lemon, savory, oregano, thyme, basil): Thymol has proven anti-inflammatory effects. (Take an infusion with one or two plants rich in thymol, according to the recommended dose of each one, you can combine, for example, lemon infusion with ginger).
- Ulmaria or Meadowsweet: (Filipendula ulmaria) Treat rheumatic pain and help eliminate toxins from the body. Due to its high content of salicylates, it has anti-inflammatory properties to reduce inflammation of the joints. (Infusion of 2 teaspoons of leaves, twice a day, do not reach boiling point.)
- Evening primrose oil (Oenothera biennis): It is very rich in essential fatty acids that have vasodilating, anti-inflammatory and fluidifying properties of the blood. From the essential fatty acids, the body is able to manufacture its own natural anti-inflammatories. Very suitable for the pain associated with premenstrual syndrome in women, and other diseases such as arthritis, lupus, dermatitis, etc. (Take 2 pearls of 500 mg, 2-3 times a day, accompany with proper diet).
- Lime (Citrus aurantifolia): The lime is suitable against respiratory inflammations such as bronchitis. The lime essential oils deflate the bronchi, relax the thoracic muscles and help relieve coughing attacks (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried leaves or a piece of lime with bark, 3 times a day) Combine with plants to relieve pain throat caused by plantain, mauve or marshmallow cough).
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum): For its expectorant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic values, it can be a good reinforcement to combine with the natural treatment of bronchitis or to help relieve toothache, joint pains, etc. (Mix cardamom seeds in the infusion of other remedies for bronchitis)
- White nettle (Lamium album): The plant is rich in iridoids and phenylpropanoids with anti-inflammatory properties.
Supplements for internal use to reduce inflammation
Among the main supplements for internal use we have the following:
- Pineapple (Ananas comosus): Pineapple is an anti-inflammatory fruit due to its content in bromelain, an enzyme with anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties.
- Several scientific studies confirm the anti-inflammatory effects of pineapple, and some point out that its effect is greater when combined with turmeric (the main ingredient of curry).(Capsules of bromelain extract according to the conditions of the leaflet).
- Linseed oil (Linum usitatissimum): With the same properties as evening primrose oil, but more anti-inflammatory given its higher content in omega 3.(Dose of 1,500 to 2,000 mg of oil pearls per day).
More information on natural anti-inflammatories
25 October, 2023