How to make a millet pie with vegetables
MILLET PIE WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE
Ingredients of millet pie with vegetables
- 200 g. millet
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
How to prepare a millet pie
How to serve a millet pie.
- Wash the millet with water with a colander under running water.
- Bring salted water to a boil, throw millet and cover. Cook over medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Cut the onion in small cubes.
- In a skillet, fry the onion over medium heat with a pinch of salt and a bay leaf.
- Wash and peel the carrots and courgettes. Cut them in small cubes.
- Add the carrots and zucchini to the pan, poached with onion, mix the ingredients, cover and cook over very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Strain the sauce, add millet to the fried vegetables. Remove bay leaf, add 1 tablespoon of turmeric and mix all ingredients.
- Place in a round glass baking dish.
- Bake at 170 for 15 minutes.
- Wait for it to cool, and with the help of a plate, turn it upside down to make it as a “cake.”
- Serve as a main dish.
Nutritional properties of millet pie
This millet pie is a very original healthy recipe to vary the presentation of our dishes and our diet.
Millet is a gluten-free cereal, so this recipe is a good choice suitable for coeliacs.
More information on millet recipes and properties.