RHUBARB CUPCAKES RECIPE
– 120 grams of wheat flour
– 120 grams of whole wheat flour
– 100 grams of sugar
– 2 eggs beaten
– Half glass (125ml) milk
– 30 ml of olive oil
– 150 grams of rhubarb washed and chopped
– 1 and ½ teaspoon baking yeast
– ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
|Did you know that…|
The rhubarb we eat is called “garden rhubarb”, while there are other species with therapeutic properties whose benefits are found in their rhizomes.
Chinese rhubarb (Rheum officinale Baillon and Rheum palmatum) for example, has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine to cure constipation, hemorrhoids and to tone the liver.
* More information on rhubarb species
Preparation of rhubarb cupcakes:
– Blanch the rhubarb with boiling water for 5 minutes and drain (discard the water).
– Heat the oven to 180ºC
– Mix the two types of flour, yeast, salt and cinnamon.
– In a plate apart, beat the sugar and the eggs. Add the milk, the oil and the juice of lemon until there is a homogeneous mass.
– Sift the flour in the liquid mixture slowly so that no lumps are formed.
– Add the chopped rhubarb.
– Place in molds for muffins.
Bake at 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
These cupcakes are carefully prepared for those who wish to enjoy a different prescription taking care of their health. Although we can not consume them all too often, these muffins have Omega 9 fatty acids (derived from olive oil), with anti-inflammatory effects.
They also contain whole wheat flour and a remarkable supply of sugar. Whole flour is almost not perceived because the oil lubricates and keeps the dough fresh and fluffy, coating each flour particle with oil (which determines the “friability” of a dough), and in addition this fiber will cause them to be absorbed more slowly than the simple sugars, thus improving their digestion.
In short, a recipe rich in vitamin B and carbohydrates that help nourish the brain and provide us with almost instantaneous energy. Therefore, these pussies are an ideal snack for students, times of stress, nervousness or to break with the routine of our healthy balanced diet.
Also note the possible laxative effects of rhubarb, as it contains some cathartic substances (they accelerate defecation).
More recipes and information on rhubard.
8 June, 2021