Photo of hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis)
Is hibiscus a toxic plant?
No, hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) is not a toxic plant. It is safe for the majority of the population when taken in recommended doses
The plant has abortifacient properties and should not be taken during pregnancy or if you plan to have children.
* More information on "Contraindications of hibiscus" in the listing above.
What are the hibiscus components?
- Citric acid
- Flavonoids: quercetin, beta-carotene
Principles of hibiscus and toxic hazards
Hibiscus has abortifacient properties and should not be used in pregnant women because it can cause abortion. Neither must we make preparations of hibiscus for infants.
Many preparations contain alcohol, so small children or people who are undergoing detoxification should avoid using it.
There are more than 200 species of hibiscus, you need to know for sure that the chosen one is adequate and non-toxic.
More information on hibiscus in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.