– 1 kg of persimmons
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 1 kg sugar
– Clean persimmons, using a damp cloth.
– Remove the cap and stalk. Cut the persimmons and remove the seeds. Cut persimmons into small pieces.
– In a saucepan place the sugar and cinnamon, add the pieces of kaki and let stand for about 5 hours. During this time the persimmons absorb sugar and give off their juice.
– After this time, turn on the fire and cook for 2 hours over a low fire.
– Turn off the heat. Cool slightly.
– Remove the cinnamon, and package the persimmon marmalade in glass jars. Keep them in the frigde or in a cool place.
Ways to serve:
– Serve at breakfast spread on bread. Midmorning or midafternoon snacks. To fill cakes.
Other persimmon recipes:
More information on persimmon.