Herbal treatment of hemorrhoids
Phytotherapy: Medicinal plants teas and preparations for hemorrhoid relief
The phytotherapy for hemorrhoids is based on the use of a number of plants whose primary function is:
– Astringent plants that prevent bleeding and favor cicatrization.
– Hemostatic plants, that stop bleeding.
– Artery invigorating plants that increase the arteries and capillaries tone, prevent edemas formation and increase resistance of blood vessels.
– Analgesic plant that relieve the painful symptoms of hemorrhoids.
– Circulatory plants: Increase blood circulation and diminish swelling.
Medicinal plants for hemorrhoids
– Yarrow: (Achillea millefolium) remedies from yarrow are very efficient in the internal treatment of haemorrhoids and varicose veins, taken into account that using this plant favors the blood circulation, strengthens the veins and diminishes their swelling. (infusion of dried flowers) (maceration of three spoonfuls of floral summits in a liter of white wine during 7 days. Drink three little cups a day, each one after each main meal)
– Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) (Decoction of 20 g. of dried leaves per liter of water. Two cups a day)
– Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) Horse chestnut is one of the best remedies for toning the arteries and capillaries. This property is attributed to its richness in aescin and aesculina two components that have the ability to prevent edema formation and increase resistance of blood vessels.
For this reason it is used in traditional medicine in a variety of conditions affecting the circulatory system. Even its principles are used in the pharmaceutical industry to develop medicines, and in the cosmetics industry for making shampoo.(The safest way of taking this product is through a standard complement of aescin which can be found in pharmacies and herbalists. The usual dose is usually about 500 mg daily in the morning) (Suppositories containing the principles of this plant)
It should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding or blood clotting problems. Preparations with aescin can cause gastrointestinal problems in internal treatments or itchy skin. Used externally, can produce adverse reactions in the skin.
This plant should not be used by people with lupus erythematosus or allergy to the plant.
In adequate doses, contraindications have not been reported, although allergic reactions have occurred in people who have taken supplements contaminated with microorganisms.
– Lime (Citrus aurantifolia) Lime is very rich in vitamin C, that, along with flavonoids, assists in maintaining the arteries by means of improving their elasticity and preventing spills that occur in veins and capillaries (Take lime juice 2 times a day)
– Black currant (Ribes nigrum) Hemorrhoids are caused by poor circulation. The syrup of black currant fruits will improve conditions for hemorrhoids by reducing its size so it will diminish pain and heaviness (syrup of black currant fruits according to the conditions of the patient information leaflet. On sale in pharmacies and herbalists)
Cascara sagrada (Rhamnus purshiana) for constipation?
Some experts do not recommend treatments to get softer stools, which may encourage defecation in cases of hemorrhoids. The reason is that this type of plants increases the symptoms of hemorrhoids producing more irritation.
However, other specialists prescribe these remedies because they believe that, although they may temporarily irritate hemorrhoids, they favor the expulsion of feces, so, as a result, they eventually exert a beneficial effect on them.
External use preparations for hemorroids
Compresses, enemas, hip baths and cleansing remedies for hemorrhoids
– Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) For external use, preparations of this plant are very suitable for the treatment of hemorrhoids, including those showing blood. It improves circulation in the affected area and can reduce them which diminishes burning and itching. (Make a decoction of 70 grams of fruit per liter of water for 1 / 4 hour. Allow to cool and apply a compress to the affected area.)
– Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum.) Applying a cold sitz bath to shrink is a good remedy that can soothe the painful area by hemorrhoids
– Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) The anti-inflammatory properties of nutmeg can be used to reduce swelling and pain of hemorrhoids. (Make a mixture with butter and 5 g of powdered nutmeg and applied as ointment on the hemorrhoids)
Photography of nutmeg seed, which is ground and used as a spice
– Olive tree (Olea europea) bark is used (30g decoction per liter of water. Wash the affected area).
– Oak (Quercus robur / Quercus pubescens): (hip baths with the decoction of the bar for 45 minutes).
– Mint (Mentha x piperita, Mentha spp.) (Cleanse the affected area with the liquid from the infusion of the dried plant.)
– Figwort (Scrophularia nodosa) (hip baths with the decoction of 25 g. of the whole plant per liter of water)
– Tomato (Solanum Lycopersicum) (Ointment with tomatoes fried in pork fat)
– Raspberry (Rubus idaeus) Make an enema with the liquid from the decoction for 15 minutes of 5 tablespoons of dried leaves per liter of water. Let stand 15 minutes)
– Comfrey: (Symphytum officinale) (Apply compresses with the liquid from the decoction of a teaspoon of root per cup of water)
– Elder (Sambucus nigra): Lotion with the juice extracted by pressure from the young leaves.
– Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens): (Apply externally cypress ointment under the terms of the patient information leaflet. Sold in pharmacies and herbalists) (enemas with the liquid from the decoction for 12 minutes of 30 g. of fruits per liter of water)
Cypress leaves and fruits
– Holm oak (Quercus ilex) The astringent properties make it very effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids. (Decoction of dried bark, 3 tablespoons per liter of water. Pour a couple of liters in a basin or bidet and perform hip baths for a few minutes)
– Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) (There are suppositories suitable for the treatment of hemorrhoids in pharmacies or herbalists) (Optionally you can make a decoction of 60 g. of bark for about 12 minutes. Add to the bath and perform hip baths)
– Witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) (The most convenient way to use its advantages is to use creams or suppositories prepared for the purpose on sale in pharmacies)
– Poplar (Populus nigra) (Hip baths with the liquid from the decoction for 15 minutes a couple of tablespoons of dried buds per liter of water)
– Blackberry (Rubus fruticosus) cleansing with the decoction of a handful of dried leaves per liter of water
The best remedies to stop bleeding hemorrhoids
– Plantain (Plantago major)
Plantain is one of the best vulneraries. It helps the body heal wounds and promote scar formation. This property is attributed so much to their content in tannins as well as alantolin.
Tannins function as hemostatic and cicatrizant. It is a substance that stimulates epidermis cell growing and replaces those cells that were injured, so it produces their regeneration. This is the reason why this component is used by the cosmetics industry for the composition of skin creams.
Leaving apart the complexity of those types of creams, a simple well-washed fresh leaf of this plant can be applied on a scar to stop bleeding. By doing this, it will help to cicatrize and prevent the risk of infection.
The hemostatic ability (stops the flow of blood) of plantain is also used to stop bleeding caused by rupture of the anal veins. (Infusion of a spoonful of dried plant per cup of water. Drink three cups a day)
– Psyllium:Psyllium or ispaghula, because of its content of soluble fiber
Psyllium seeds hydrated overnight are very good for hemorroids
More information about hemorrhoids natural treatments.
28 March, 2019