FOODS VERY RICH IN COPPER
Diet rich in copper
Ingestion of high copper foods can be convenient in certain occasions (anemia, loss of hair, irregular heart beat, body frequent infections, LDL cholesterol, bone problems, skin sores, etc.) whereas it can be counterproductive in other anomalies, such as Wilson's disease.
To know which foods contain a lot of copper is very important when someone has to choose between a high-copper diet or a low-copper diet.
What foods are rich in copper?
The main foods containing high amounts of copper are the following:
List of food containing a lot of copper
|- Viscera: liver, chicken, veal, pork, turkey, lamb, etc. Pates made from liver, kidneys, hearts, brains, sweetbreads.
- Red meat: lamb, duck, goose, pork
- Nuts, seeds and dried fruits: almonds, walnuts, raisins, hazelnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds, opium seeds, Brazil nuts, cashews.
- Legumes, especially chickpeas, lentils, beans, peas, and soybeans.
- Vegetables: Broth from many vegetables, mushrooms
- Cereals: Especially prepared for breakfast cereals containing more than 0.2 mg copper. Whole grains are rich in copper, such as oats, barley, rice, wheat, etc.
- Vegetable protein: Meat and soy milk or soy products like tofu or soy flour.
- Cocoa and cocoa products: Chocolate, cocoa, cookies, candy or ice cream containing cocoa or chocolate.
- Dried fruits: prunes, raisins, dates, etc.
- Seafood: squid, mussels, clams, prawns, shrimps, prawns, lobsters, oysters, snails, etc.
- Mineral Water
More information about natural medicine in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.